This is not a regular salad! It uses left over fried chicken and you still get that crunch like it was fresh out of the fryer (fryer not required). I used my favorite trick to soften the kale and drizzled it with a delicious Lao dressing.
Tear the leaves off the stems and make them into bite size pieces. Sprinkle salt on the top. Spread olive oil on your hand and gently massage the kale to soften it up.
Mix all the dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisk. You can also mix all the dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake it really hard!
Grab two pieces of left over fried chicken and separate the skin from the meat. In a small pan, heat up a little canola oil and let the skin fry for 1-2 minutes until it is crispy. Place the skin on a plate with a paper towel.
Pour the desired amount of dressing on top of your kale.
Plate your salad and top it off with thinly sliced red onions, chopped cilantro, and halved cherry tomatoes. Don’t forgot to add the crispy skin and chicken meat!
PRINTER-FRIENDLY RECIPE CARD
Fried Chicken Kale Salad with Lao Vinaigrette
- saute pan
- 2 whole fried chicken drum sticks
- 100 gram kale leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 whole cherry tomatoes
- garnish with cilantro
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground chili bird eye pepper
- 1/2 whole lime juice
- 1 whole garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp sticky rice powder
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- Mix all the dressing ingredients into a mason jar and shake until well mix or whisk.
- Take the skin off the chicken and tear the meat and place it in a separate bowl.
- Heat a small pan with oil on medium heat and cook for about 2 minutes until the skin becomes crispy.
- Tear the kale leaves from the stem and continue tearing the leaves into bite size pieces and place it in a large bowl.
- Rub oil onto both hands and gently massage all the kale leaves.
- Drizzle desired amount of dressing.
- Top the salad with halved cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion, cilantro, and chicken meat and crispy skin.