This delicious vibrant worm shaped food is made out of rice flour and pandan. The green glowing dessert is drenched in salted coconut milk and caramelized syrup. Make sure to serve it over ice and it will be the perfect sweet treat.
Khao Lod Song
- Lod Song Press
Slaked Lime Water
- 5 cups water
- 2 tbsp lime stone
- 10 pandan leaves
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 cups pandan water
- 2 cups slaked lime water
- 1 tsp pandan extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 blocks of palm sugar
- 1 cup water
- 13.5 fl oz coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- Let the limestone paste sit in water for 1-½ hours. Slowly pour the separated water in another bowl while keeping the sediments in the original bowl.
- Cut up pandan leaves and blend them in water and then strain.
- Add rice and tapioca flour and whisk. Then add pandan water, lime water, pandan extract and mix. Cook on low heat for 6-8 mins until thick
- Put through a strainer with large holes and letting the green gems fall in an ice cold bath water
- In a small pot, melt sugar and palm sugar on low and add water once golden brown.
- In a separate pot, warm coconut milk with salt on low.
- Let everything get to room temperature and assemble by green gems, sugar syrup, and coconut milk and topping it off with crushed ice.
1. Where do you get the khao lod song maker?
Here is a similar one from Amazon: https://amzn.to/39W0QI9
2. How do you make ube flavor khao lod song?
Here is the color and flavor I use: https://amzn.to/3c2jn8l