I love recipes that have very few ingredients. This green onion pancake is perfect for the people that love savory crispy pancakes 🥞 Make sure to measure out the dough and water exactly to the gram! All the other ingredients can be estimated.
Green onion pancake
- 400 g AP flour
- 280 g water
- Salt to taste
- Splash of oil
- Green onion diced
- Mix water and flour with hand until it does it doesn’t stick and knead.
- Cover with damp cloth and let it sit for 20 mins
- Split into 3 balls. Flour working space and roll into thin layer.
- Add salt and press with pin to pancake then add layer of oil and spread then add cut up green onions and fold
- Close ends. Twist roll and then twist into coil. Rest for 20 mins
- Flour working space and gently flatten the roll and repeat step 5.
- Pat to make a large patty and add a little oil on top
- Heat pan with no oil and cook one side for 2 mins until browning then flip and cook for 1-1/2 mins with lid
- Flip aggressively twice on pan then add oil on the sides for crispiness.
- cook for about 30 seconds each side