I was craving something sweet at night so I decided to make this because these are all the ingredients I have in my pantry. It’s similar to nam van Lao coconut dessert, but with boba!
Laoba | Lao Inspired Boba
- 1-1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2 drops of pandan flavoring
- 1/2 cup palm sugar crushed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Heat palm sugar and melt. It will take about 5 minutes then add water and dissolve the caramel.
- In a separate pot, heat water. Add two drops pandan flavoring to the 1/3 cup and carefully add hot water to measuring cup and then pour it into a bowl with the tapioca flour. Mix with a spoon and then hands once it’s warm.
- Roll out the dough and cut into thick noodles then cut noodles into square pieces. Roll each square into a boba ball.
- Cook the boba in boiling water for 5 minutes and then drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a cup, add the boba, warmed coconut milk, spoonful of caramel, corn, ice, then mix. Enjoy!