Its firm, its green, and it will save the day with how delicious it is. Khao pahd is made from tapioca and rice flour. All your kids will rave over it because they get to play with slime and also eat it. The earthy aroma of pandan with fresh coconut shreds will surely soothe your sweet tooth. Make sure to plan ahead as it takes time to cool. It will be worth the wait.
Khao Pahd | Lao Pandan Rice Cake
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can 14oz coconut milk
- 2 cup pandan water 1 oz pandan leaves
- 1 tsp pandan flavoring
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut from old coconut
- Open coconut and shred the meat
- Make the pandan water by blending the leaves with water then put through a sieve
- In a large bowl, mix rice flour, tapioca flour, and salt then whisk
- In a separate bowl, add the coconut milk, pandan water, pandan flavoring and sugar then mix
- Pour the coconut milk mixture into the flour mixture and whisk.
- Put mixture in a pot and cook on high until it forms a thick consistency. Then turn on low and cook for about 8-10 minutes
- Oil spray the pan and place mixture in the pan and let it cool for 1 hour then put it in the fridge for 2 hours until firm.
- Cut into pieces and garnish with coconut shreds on top