Egg rolls have become a staple for any Lao household. Each kitchen has their own style to make delicious, crispy egg rolls. I decided to make Lao mom egg rolls! I will show you the tips and tricks on making the perfectly crispy and flavorful egg roll. Thank you to ABC sauce for sponsoring this video!
Lao Egg Roll
- 4 cups shredded cabbage 10oz, half small cabbage, 300g
- 1/2 large Onion 1 cup
- 2 cups shredded Carrot 6oz, 3 medium carrots, 178g
- 2 cups Potato 2 6.5oz, 1 large potato, 183g
- 1 bundle bean thread noodles
- 1 cup dried black fungus
- 2 small eggs
- 5 tbsp ABC sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp msg
- 25 egg roll wrapper
- 2 egg whites for sealing rolls
- Equal parts rice vinegar, sweet soy, and samba
- Soak bean thread noodle and fungus. Then defrost wraps for 20 mins.
- With a mandolin, shred the cabbage
- Cut the onion into thin slivers
- Shred the carrots and the potato
- In a large bowl, add cabbage, onion, carrots, potato, cut up mung bean noodle, and fungus.
- Add the seasoning ingredients: eggs, ABC sauce, fish sauce, black pepper, and msg. Then mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture in a strainer so the liquid continues to drain out of the mix.
- Separate and peel the wraps and place a towel on top so they don’t dry up.
- Place once wrap with a corner pointing towards you, add 2 tbsp of the filling, start rolling away from you until you reach the noodle then fold both sides to the middle. Continue rolling the mixture away from you and dip the end of the wrap in egg white and roll to seal.
- Fry at 350 for 5 mins
Alternative Way to Cook
- Dip Eggroll in room temp oil then air fry 400F for 12 mins
- Freeze uncooked egg rolls